My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yakisoba Made Easy


I absolutely love having frozen shabu shabu meat in my freezer and this is one of the reason why. It's so easy to make any dish, especially when you're in a rush or just plain hungry. I used fresh yakisoba noodles instead of the instant one because initially I bought this to cook ankake cripy noodles (it looks so good on the show that I watched) but alas, I cringe at how much it'll cost me to whip up one just for myself. So, that 1 packet of noodle has been sitting in my fridge for quite some time. Off course using the fresh noodles will make the dish taste better because fresh noodle is thicker and more chewy, but if you happen to have just the instant noodle, that will do as well.

yield: 1 person

So what you need:
1 pack of fresh yakisoba noodles (usually they already include the sauce seasoning inside, so it's easy)
1/2 no onion, thinly sliced
100 gr shabu shabu meat (usually it's about 6-7slices)
30 gr leek, thinly sliced (to make it look pretty)
Seasoning: mirin

How to:
1. On frying pan, saute onion until cooked and fragrant.
2. Add on shabu shabu meat (still frozen) and splash some mirin to melt and cook it.
3. When the meat is half cooked, add on leek and noodle, and yakisoba seasoning and you're done.
    * when you use fresh yakisoba noodles, as often the noodles stick together so you'd need to break them up by adding bit water and using chopstick wiggle them bit by bit until all noodles are loosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment