My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Curry Rice ~ カレーライス


It's a yummy treat, worth to try and it's very easy to make, a no brainer. I make minced pork curry this time because I lazy to cut any meat, that's all.

Ingredients:
1 pack Japanese curry pack (i use Vermont honey apple curry - Hot
300 gr minced pork
300gr carrot - cut big
300gr potato - cut big
2 onions - sliced thick
2 banana
1 gala apple
1 big scoop of honey (I use dark honey)
500 ml chicken stock
350 ml water

How to:
1. Sautee onion until cooked, then add on minced meat and cook until meat is well done.
2. Add on carrot, potato, chicken stock and water, bring to boil.
3. Mesh apple and banana using blender, mix in honey and cut curry block. Add them in.
4. Cook until the carrot is soft.

Tips:
1. it's ok to use apple only, you can use more apple to substitute banana
2. you can substitute potato with apple (it'll more sweet and less starchy)
3. And always if you're eating the curry rice with egg, poke the yolk and mix it with the curry sauce, you'll get a totally different taste, and yummy level goes up 1 more notch

Challange: I saw on some show that they actually add chocolate or coffee. Never try this, guess, I'll leave this to the real restaurant to do LOL...


No comments:

Post a Comment