My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Steamed Fish


Yey for my steamer! Now I can make my steamed fish again and again w/ minimum washing! It's simple, less hazzle, healthy and yummy! O ya, sorry no pics coz it went straight to stomach once the timer was off.

Ingredients:
1 Your fave fish (I use frozen fish because they're cheap and boneless, but if you live in US, where fish is cheap, it's either cod, seabass or tilapia, take your pick)
Topping (you can use it as much as you want, or even omit them, except the ginger):
Green onion (cut 3cm length)
Ginger (sliced thinly)
Shitake mushroom (sliced thinly)
Sauce:
Soy Sauce, Mirin, sugar, salt (mixed well)
*Note: this also can be done with the normal steam pot, but having steamer is totally make it even more effortless

How to:
1. In your steamer, place everything with shitake mushroom on the top
2. Pour in the sauce
3. Steam for 25 minutes
4. Done

See? That's how easy it is and with steamer, you don't have to worry that the fish will be too dry (yes, I had these experiences before that my tilapia sort of dried up)

No comments:

Post a Comment