My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Toge Goreng aka Fried Beansprout


Toge Goreng is a simple healthy dish mainly consist of Toge (duh!) aka beansprouts. To make it tasty off course all the sauce are pulled in, but definitely MSG is a NO NO (but those MSG inside the sauce are inevitable, sadly, but will always try to substitute). So without further a do, below is the recipe for it, designed for those who live in Indo or outside Indo (like me :p)

Yield: 3 - 4 pax

1 pack Tauge (beansprouts)
1 pack Taupok (or fried firm Tofu, but never put silken Tofu)
6 no Big Red Pepper (Cabe merah, not paprika), seeded (for those who can't take spicy food), sliced
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
6 cloves shallots, thinly sliced
Sauce/seasoning: Kecap bango, sambel belibis (can be subbed w/ Kokita Bumbu A), white pepper (lots of it), salt, sugar, and the optional: sweet tauco sauce (I like Kokita brand) --> all these are to your taste

Companion: 4 portion of egg noodles

How to:
1. On the hot wok, stir fry garlic, shallot and cabe merah until half caramelized (you should be able to smell the fragrant and get say that the shallot is sweet)
2. Then add in Taupok, add bit of water, when Taupok is half softened, add tauge. Stir fry tauge until half softened then add all the seasonings. Add about 1/2 cup of water so that you have some gravy. Keep adjusting the taste by add on sauces (for me, I like sweet, so I keep adding kecap bango until I get the color that I want, but off course you have to add the sambel to get the spiciness).
3. Once the tauge is soft, you're done.
4. For the alternative option, you can opt to eat this with rice or porridge, instead of noodles. But I'd still prefer noddles :).

No comments:

Post a Comment