My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yummy mushrooms...

Lately I easily got put off when I see the price tags of meat, any kind of meat, and lets not talk about the price of seafood, in the supermarket. The only consolation that I can think of is the mushroom section. Although, it's still expensive, but mushrooms come with lots of varieties nowadays, and not to mention that they're nutritious as well. You can opt of Portobello (the not so cheap mushrooms) as your meat sub. I particularly like Japanese mushrooms from enoki (they're the cheapest, but very useful), nameko, bunashimeji, shitake to maitake, and there are still lots of them that I haven't tried yet (mushroom is also not that cheap in SG but it's at least it's not so painful to see the price tag). This time I got to try Yanagi mushrooms, the organic one. They don't give out the strong smell so I stir fry it with tofu and leek :). Taste? Light and yummy. It goes well with rice too.


For me, the easiest way to handle mushroom is to stir fry it because most likely mushrooms will go well with whatever you throw into your wok. You can also make simple egg dish with mushrooms, eg. steamed egg like in cawan mushi, omellete, egg pancake. They are simple dishes that require minimal effort and most important, washing :).

No comments:

Post a Comment