My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sweet Pea and Pork Stir Fry

Sounds normal? Hehehe, yeah it's one of those super simple and clean taste dish. I made this because I want to clear the sweet peas from my fridge. And I have a bottle of yuzu ponzu to try! Yuzu ponzu is soy sauce with yuzu flavor. It's refreshing and you can just use it directly as salad dressing. I got 1 small bottle of the Mizkan brand as a free gift few weeks ago.

How to:
150 gr shabu shabu pork
1 pack sweet peas (about 150gr, I think) - slit the sides
30 gr bonito stock (liquid)
2 clove garlic - smash it but don't chop
sake, dried chili, yuzu ponzu


How to:
1. On a wok, heat up oil and add in the garlic. When the garlic browns, add on sweet pea and stir fry for a bit then add on the stock and sake and close the lid for about 3-4 minutes or until the liquid is dried up. Throw away the garlic.
2. Then add on the pork and dried chili. Stir fry until the pork half-cooked and add on ponzu to your liking. I didn't add too much (maybe about 3 tbsp), but you can taste the hint of yuzu and slight saltiness. Don't add too much because you'll loose the sweet peas' sweetness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment