My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Easy Potato Chives Cakes

In the light of detox program (still eating the good food but minus all the unhealthy stuff), I'm making ministrone soup, again. But, this time I don't want to eat it with bread, so what should be the companion for this soup. At first, I'm considering of making polenta cakes or corn bread (yeah! maybe I'll make this next time). But, I have 1 pack of potatoes in my fridge.. hmmm... Making croquette (noo, not the Japanese one, the Indonesian one) is very time consuming and I'm... lazy... so I opt on the easy one, potato patties.. It's still look like croquettes somehow, but yeah... it's easy... that's the keyword...


What you need:
700 gr potatoes - steamed
30 gr Edam cheese - shredded
1 pack chives - chopped fine
Bread crumbs

How to:
1. In a bowl mashed the potato and combine the cheese and chives until well mixed
2. Round them into small patties, about 60gr each and cover them with bread crumbs.
3. Sprinkle bit of on the top and bake at 160C for about 35min.

Simple right?


It makes a very light meal and definitely makes your tummy happy.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment