My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Version of Bistik

No doubt Bistik is one of my fave home cooked dishes in any forms. This time I sort of combine the pork chop recipe and my regular bistik. And this is the result, yey!


What you need:
350 gr lean meat, sliced about 3mm thin - I use pork but you can also use lean beef
3 small potatoes - cut cubes
1 pack sweet peas - slit the sides
Sauce: 
1 onion - thinly sliced
1 red chili - seeded and thinly sliced
Seasoning: sweet soy sauce (kecap bango), chili oil, Worchestire sauce, sake, soy sauce, pepper

How to:
1. 1 day before, marinate the sliced meat with sweet soy sauce, worchestire sauce and pepper
2. On a wok, put bit of oil and pan fry the potatoes until the sides browned, then add some water, close the lid for about 3-5 minutes. Then add sweet peas and bit more water, close the lid again until sweet peas are soft enough.
3. Cook the meat just like you cook the meat for yakiniku. The meat is thin enough so that it can be cooked fast. Once done, don't throw the marinate sauce because we're going to use it for making the sauce.
3. To make the sauce, on a wok, saute onion and red chili with chili oil. Once onion and chili are soft, add on  the marinate sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Cook until the sauce slightly thickened.

Well, I also made my own chili oil, very easy to make and cheap too.

What you need:
1 pack of chili padi, cut the tip
6 tbsp oil (I use grapeseed oil) -- You can add more oil, but I like the cooked chili more than the oil, and the lesser you put, the more concentrated it taste, so you don't need to use a lot in future.

How to:
1. Put the chili into chopper and chop away until the chili breakdown to really small pieces (I like it to be as smooth as possible)
2. On a wok, heat up oil and cook the chili until the chili fragrant is out. By now you should see the oil turn into red color.
3. Keep the chili oil in a jar. I'd prefer to store this in the fridge so that it can last longer.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment