My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuna Pasta

Remember all the leftover veggies that you bought intended for the Minestrone soup? Well, this is one of the idea of how to finish them off... tuna pasta!


I use sambal belibis, despite it has MSG in it (sobs sobs, my fave chili sauce has MSG in it), but I can't help it, I like my tuna pasta hot and sweet...

What you need:
1 Zucchini - halved and sliced
1 sweet corn - cut
Leftover celery stalks - sliced
1 canned tuna - strained
1 handful pine nuts
3 pinches dried chili
tomato sauce, sambal belibis (opt. your fave chili sauce with garlic based, or can omit this), white wine
Your fave pasta (I like fusilli)

How to:
1. On a wok, saute pine nuts and dried chili until fragrant
2. Add on tuna. Stir until tuna is dry (I like dried tuna)
3. Add on all cut veggies
4. Splash a bit of white wine and close the lid until veggies are cooked (mainly the zucchini)
5. Add on tomato sauce and sambal belibis
For 1 person portion:
1. Boil 50 gr of dried pasta until al dente, then strain
2. On a wok, take the tuna sauce as much as you like, stir fry it until a bit dry then add on the pasta. Mix it until the pasta is well covered with sauce.

Tips:
1. If you don't like spicy food, you can omit the chili sauce but at the beginning, add on chopped garlic, saute it together with the pine nuts and dried chili
2. Other than sambal belibis, can also use sambal jempol. I detest sambal ABC so won't recommend it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment