My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Version of American Breakfast

Lately I've been craving for some fluffy egg breakfast, but I'm not in the mood of making poached egg etc, so I go with the fastest way, scramble egg LOL... and add on some veggie (whatever I have in the fridge) and a bread of your choice, you get a decent American breakfast :)



Looks hearthy, right? You can mix and match your bread too :). For the first one I use the cheese bread that I bought from Taka, and the second one is just the regular wholemeal toast. It's not easy to find the super thick toast, unless... you reach the bakery just when they start slicing the bread and you request the thick one cut specially for you, never try this before, but it's possible :).

It's interesting to know that are veggies that can survive in your fridge for weeks w/o getting wrinkled or wilted. So far I find bell peppers (any color) that you wrap nicely with cling wrapper will last weeks. Tomatoes, any kind, washed and dried, will last too. And surprisingly, mushrooms, the white button mushrooms, if you cling wrap it or put in the dry Tupperware will last too. So, yeah, these are yummy veggies that you don't have to worry that much whether they'll go bad soon or not.

As for the fluffy scramble egg, I just add milk to the egg and stir. Don't add too much milk as it'll get too watery and you'll end up with a dry but watery scramble egg because you have to cook it longer to get rid off the excess water.

No comments:

Post a Comment