My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Okra Ponzu

I love Okra or Lady Finger, but this is the first time I cook it myself. Why the hinder? Simple reason, it's hairy. And what I don't understand, why the name is Lady Finger? Have you ever see a lady with hairy fingers? I know my fingers are definitely not hairy... LOL... Lame joke... I know...

What I find it interesting from this dish is that the regular ponzu, which is rather salty, becomes somewhat lightly sweet when cooked with okra. It's just nice! I personally love the taste! You can also make this as a side dish or even, cold dish.


What you need:
1 pack of Okra - cut about 2cm length
Dried chili - optional, for the kick
Seasoning: Mirin, Yuzu Ponzu

How to:
1. On a wok, heat up oil and dried chili until fragrant
2. Add on Okra and mirin and close the lid for about 4-5 minutes (you can do a bit of net surfing, some whatsapp or start cleaning up)
3. Open the lid then add ponzu. Start stir frying, and done! In less than 10 minutes!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment