My photo
Hello! Welcome to my simple food blog. As the name implies, this blog is solely served as my repository on food. Desserts, home-made cooking, reviews both raves and rants, recipes, or whatever that I encounter :). Hope you enjoy your stay :) and if you feel like it or tried the recipe, do comment on it. Comments are loved ;).

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekend Desserts

I love it when there's some fair at either Taka or Isetan because that means there will be some yummy desserts floating around there. This time it's Hokkaido fair at Taka and they have Petite Merveille. It's not local Hokkaido, it's from Tokyo, but... I couldn't care less, they have yummy stuff. Their 3 main products are Mel Cheese (petite size cheesecake), kabocha purin (pumpkin pudding) and choco rolled cake. I sampled the cheesecake because I don't feel like buying 1 box of it, but I brought home the purin and the rolled cake.


They also have the kabocha purin that's layered with fresh cream, but I opted for the plain one because of guilt LOL... But the kabocha purin by itself is already so fluffy and soft, well, basically it just melt in your mouth on every single bite and without you realize it, you finish the whole ramekin (don't worry it's not that a big ramekin too). And, yes, you get that tiny porcelain ramekin too, so for 6SGD each, they're not really that expensive at the end, especially when the taste makes up for it too.



Well, what about the rolled cake? As, usual, it's fluffy, and the cream is not that really creamy so it's easy to eat. My fave, poured rum over it and you get a very yummy dessert :) :) :)...

3 comments:

  1. Sisil bikin ngiler aja :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin puddingnya asli enak ci ;) hehehee...

      Delete
  2. It's from Hokkaido though. And the pumpkin pudding is really amazing! (:

    ReplyDelete